Join Us for Open Studios
Sunday, December 2, 1 - 5 pm
The Jackson Art Center is studio space for more than 40 local artists in the former classrooms of the historic Jackson School in Northwest Washington, DC. We work in oil, watercolor, acrylic, pencil, and pastel, as well as photography, sculpture, and ceramics. Jackson welcomes the community to Spring and Fall Open Studios and reaches out through art workshops throughout the city.
Jackson Art Center reaches out
The mission of The Jackson Art Center is to maintain the historic Jackson School as affordable studio space for local artists, and to share our talents with DC students, seniors, and others for whom art can enrich and empower.
In addition to working in our studios, Jackson artists collaborate to host free art workshops with DC organizations, including:
- DC’s Homeless Children's Playtime Project
- FAIR Girls’ anti-human trafficking efforts
- DC’s Fillmore Art Center
- Georgetown Senior Center, St. John’s Church
- GWU Nueva Vida Latina cancer survivors program
- Dumbarton Oaks Park Conservancy
- Corcoran School of Art and Design
- Duke Ellington School for the Arts
- THEARC east of Anacostia River arts
- Jackson Art Center Open Studios
- Georgetown Public Library
In memory of long-time Jackson artist Lisa Neher (1955-2017), a rent-free studio has been awarded for one year to a local developing artist who is a DC resident and has a demonstrated professional body of work and wishes to advance to the next level.